Adopting an animal
If you are interested in adopting one of our wonderful animals please complete our online Perfect Match Form
To get in contact with with our reception team please call 01453 890014, the lines are open between 10am-4pm Mon-Sun (except Thursday's). Or email Reception@cdch.org.uk
We want to find the perfect home for our animals and the perfect animal for you. Our process may work slightly differently to what you may expect. We have laid out our adoption process step by step below so you know just what to expect:
1. Please fill in a Perfect Match Form.
2. If we have a suitable match for you, one of our rehoming team will be in touch to chat through a potential new family member. Please note, due to the volume of applications, we can not respond to every application.
3. We will then complete a Home Visit with you.
4. The next stage is a bit like a first date – where you’ll meet your potential match, learn a little more about them and see if it’s love at first sight.
5. If everything goes well, you might like a second date…..
6. You'll come in for a final chat, we'll go through the paperwork and process the adoption fee, and then you can take your new family member home!
Our adoption package for cats and dogs is as follows and includes;
Flee / worming treatment
(Adult animals will go home with 4 months of flea treatment included in the adoption package).
£25 To spend at our shop for animal essentials
1 Weeks supply of food
£150 for a single cat or kitten
£275 for a pair of cats or kittens
£325 for a dog*
*Our adoption package for our unique and wonderful animals are the prices above. However, on occasion, animals who prove to be extremely popular come with a slightly higher adoption fee. This is to support the animals who are longer staying guests, or have costly medical requirements. Our animals receive the best possible care during their stay with us and the cost of their care is always beyond the adoption fee.
All fees for dogs & cats include a weeks supply of food for the animal supplied by Arden Grange
Rabbit £35 (£70 for a pair)
Guinea Pig £35 (£70 for a pair)
Supported by the Petplan Charitable Trust www.petplantrust.org
Support Adoption for Pets www.supportadoptionforpets.co.uk
Adoption = Love, Laughter & Life changing